We currently offer the following classes and programs:
AARP Driver Safety Class
Welcome to AARP Driver Safety Class, designed for drivers 50 and above. This is offered several times a year, in SASCC's portable building. The certificate you receive upon completion (valid for 3 years) of this course will allow you to receive a reduced insurance rate from most insurance providers. Please contact your insurance representative to confirm that they will give you this reduced rate.
Please read and follow the instructions below in order to attend:
- Participants, age 50 and above, must attend both days of classes from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (8 hours). The 8 hours of class time are set by law.
- All must have a valid driver's license (out-of-state is okay). Bring license to class.
- Fee is $12 for AARP members and $14 for non members of AARP, payable in advance. Checks are to be made out to "AARP" and dated the first day of class.
- Classes are held at the Saratoga Senior Center, 19655 Allendale Avenue, Saratoga.
- Classes start on time. Anyone 20 minutes or later for class will be turned away. The class size is limited by law to 30 participants maximum.
- Certificates are issued to each person who completes the course at the end of the second class. These are valid for three years and recognized by all California auto insurance companies.
- To register, please come to the front desk.
Monday, 10:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saunders Room.
$4 for members, $5 for non-members.
Introduction to Computers:
Windows Basic, Mouse Exercises, MS Word Basics, File Management, Saving and Printing Documents
$50 for members, $70 for non-members
Computer Gurus Computer Club meets once a month.
Health Insurance Counseling (HICAP)
The 4th Tuesday of every month - 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Line Dancing is based on a drop-in basis.
Drop in fee for members: $7, non-members: $12
SASCC offers line dancing classes for beginners and intermediates. Call 868-1257 for schedule information.
Tuesdays, 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Tuesdays, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., Saunders Room.
Free to members, $4 to non-members.
Ongoing. We are always looking for more players.
Please feel free to come and sit in. Beginners welcome!
Call front desk at 408-868-1257 if you have any questions.
Mondays, 9 to 12 noon, Magnolia Room.
Quilters welcome. All levels!
SALA - Senior Adult Legal Assistance
Call SALA at 408.295.5991 ext. 300 for an appt.
Saratoga Traders Investment Club
First and third Mondays - 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., Magnolia Room.
Monthly guest speakers on various financial matters.
Wednesday meetings - 10:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Fireside Room.
The Social Group is open to all members of the Senior Center who want to meet new people and make new friends. This is not a widow and widowers group and everyone is encouraged to attend our meetings. We look forward to having you join us and become a member of our "family of friends."
Would you like to join us when we meet at various restaurants, review dress rehearsals of plays at the Mountain View Center for Performing Arts, or do you just want to make new friends? If your answer is "yes," come to our
Does hiring a limousine for a day trip appeal to you? Are there places you would like to visit but would like company? Walking is fun, but would you prefer company? A visit to our social group will answer all of these questions. You may also want to check the
activities/class schedule for our next planned social event.
Call 868-1257 for schedule information
$15 a session.
Wednesday Luncheon Program
Wednesdays, 12 noon, Saunders Room.
$8 members/$10 non-members.
Speakers, entertainment, performers... weekly.
Reservations required. Please call before noon Tuesday to make your reservation at 868-1257. Ongoing.
|Copyright © 2008-2013, SASCC, All rights reserved.
Site design & host: NeuronLinks, Inc.